Time for another wonderful Friday and admittedly mum is working with some of the things that we have in the fridge, primarily some leftover BBQ Chook. Now I LOVE BBQ chicken. No need to do anything more with it than pull off the meat (remember no cooked bones including chicken) but mum does feel compelled to get creative with it and add some extra healthy stuff so here is the recipe for Chicken, Rice & Spinach Loaf
What you need to get out of the cupboard and fridge:
- About 1 cup of BBQ chicken pulled off the carcass (this was using leftovers so it is really a matter of how much the family didn’t eat or you managed to look pitiful and they shared from the table back when they were originally eating it.
- About 1 cup of cooked rice.
- About 3 big spinach leaves.
- About 1/2 up of self raising flour.
- 1 egg.
What you do with the stuff:
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Pull the cooked BBQ chicken off the carcass and place into the food processor.
- Add the rice, spinach and flour and turn the thing on until it all mushes up together.
- Turn off the power (really not a fan of that noisy thing but it does do the job quickly) and then add the egg and mix it through.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper (easier to clean up later) and spoon the mixture out and then spread it out so it is even on the tray.
- Pop it in the oven for about 15 mins or until it is cooked to your liking and then remove.
- Once it has cooled than cut into pieces.
Hope you have enjoyed this week’s recipe. If you haven’t already than sign up over on the side for your regular 1st World Dog updates, like the 1st World Dog page on Facebook to get your updates there or check out the pics of the recipes on Instagram. If you are new and haven’t checked out our other recipes than pop over to the 1st World Dog Recipe Book.
Love hearing about others enjoying Foodie Friday. My mate Jaxon the Agilitypap is off to Canine Fun Sports Summer Camp today with treats from the Recipe Book. Have you tried any of the recipes? Any comments or photos?